Winter Wonderland

It may be January, but I think it was totally appropriate to hear "Winter Wonderland" on the radio two days ago. A storm came our way and dumped several inches of snow. I may not be used to the snow either, but I think it's comical how crazy people become when it snows around here! Schools have been closed all week. We've been on "code green" at work (which by the way just means we can't leave until there is someone to replace us, not that there's a bomb or hazardous spill like we originally though). And the gym isn't even open. Everything seems to have shut down. I, of course, still have to go to work. Which means I leave early in the morning to slide on the icy roads while all the kids in the neighborhood use my driveway to sled and my yard to play in the snow all day. At least they feel comfortable enough to use it since I'm not around to enjoy it! And in spite of still having to go to work, it sure is pretty to look out the window and see snow lightly falling as a baby is entering the world.

Comments

Popular Posts