"thank you"

Wow...it's amazing how much two words can mean. A couple days ago I had the sweetest couple in labor. Yes, mom was breathing through the contractions, but as soon as one was over, she was smiling and talking about how excited she was to meet this little kiddo. And every time I did anything at all, she said thank you. So simple, and yet so wonderful to actually hear the words. Too often, people don't stop to say them. Every time I left the room, she thanked me for what I had done while there with her.
The best part for me, though, was when everyone else stepped out of the room. It couldn't have been more than 30 seconds that the two of us were alone, but she got my attention and said she really wanted me to know how much she appreciated having me there. She said I had made her feel so much more comfortable and she loved that I made sure she understood what was going on. "Thank you sooo much. You've taken great care of me!"
It's amazing how something so small could mean so much to me, but it did. I cherish words like that...affirming that I'm doing what I should be doing. I am where God wants me for a reason.

Comments

Popular Posts