Cloth diapers and wipes


We've been using cloth diapers on Little One since we got home from the hospital.  We started by using a diaper service because Daddy didn't want to deal with poopy diapers and didn't want me to have to deal with washing them either.  It works quite well.  I called and arranged to have the first ones delivered about a week before my due date.  Magically, a bag of clean diapers appeared on my front porch.  Once Little One was born, I gave Tidee Didee a call to let them know she had arrived.  They told me to put out my dirty diapers each Monday morning, and like magic, bags of clean diapers started arriving to replace the poopy ones.  It was fabulous! 

A friend talked me into trying Fuzzi Bunz diaper a few weeks back, though, and I got hooked!  So easy to use!  I didn't think I'd be the type to be washing them all myself, but I don't mind at all.  Everything comes out in the wash with no problem at all.  Very low maintenance.  I love that the mediums fit from 15-30 lbs, so she should be able to use them for quite awhile.  They snap on, so as she gets bigger, she (hopefully!) won't be able to pul them off herself and make a mess.  Now that we have our own cloth diapers and I'm doing the washing, I've started to look into cloth wipes too.  Not that I feel I need to become an ultra-green person, but more because it seems like it would be more simple to just toss the wipes in the pail with the diapers than to be separating them out.   So this week I'm attempting to make my own cloth wipes.  And I found a great site on the web that has a bunch of recipes for cloth wipe solution.  I'm excited to see how it goes!  For anyone else who's interested in the wipe solution recipes, here's the website I found:  



Comments

  1. thanks for that great info. i'm not sure about the wipes thing but i'm going to try cloth diapers for baby #2 i think. there is no baby #2 on the way yet though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts