Happy Mother's Day



Honeygirl, you keep me on my toes. "Uppie, uppie!" is followed by you squirming to get down. You race through the house, leaving a trail of toys like that of a tornado in your wake. You are close to climbing out of your crib. You climb on chairs, stools, and lately the counter when you think I'm not watching. You open doors to sneak into my craft room. And you get into the pantry to find your own snacks if you don't think I'm moving fast enough.

But Honeygirl, I can't imagine life without you. You bring me books, wanting to cuddle in the rocking chair. You grab my hand, trying to convince me that playing with you is a better idea than cleaning or cooking. Your excitement bubbles over when your Daddy walks in the door from work. You drag your little stool all around the house in an effort to "help" me with whatever I'm working on or to get up to my level. You sing in the backseat when just the two of us are in the car. And you bring a smile to my face when you giggle or enthusiastically say "Mama!" and point to me.

I'm so glad I get to be your Mama.

Comments

Popular Posts