Java Chip Frappe recipe

It was one of those days where I was needing a little pick-me-up.  Who are we kidding...most days I need a little pick-me-up!  Today, Starbucks was sounding pretty darn good.  But loading the kids up just to satisfy this craving wasn't sounding so lovely.  So good ol' pinterest to the rescue!   I tell you, you can find anything there.  And once again, it didn't disappoint.

A quick little search turned up a copycat recipe, which I readily tried.  Since I'm not typically a coffee drinker, today I was super thankful for our Kurig.  I love that I can just whip up a perfect cup of coffee to get my frappe going! So just in case you're needing a little pick-me-up too, here's the recipe, with a few little modifications to suite my fancy:

Java Chip Frappuccino 

1.5 cups ice cubes
1/2 cup milk
handful of chocolate chips
a big squirt of chocolate syrup
1/3 cup coffee

Dump it all in the blender (Vitamix at our house) and blend.  Next time, I think I'll add a little more ice...I thought it could have been a little thicker.  But the taste was perfect. No picture because I devoured it too fast.  Maybe next time. :)

Comments

Popular Posts