Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus

"So let go my soul and trust in him
The wave and wind still know his name"

Let me just tell you that as we embark on this journey of foster care, there are a lot of ups and downs.  And we are just getting our feet wet!  I'm quickly finding that letting go of expectations and trusting Him is imperative.   Just when you think you've got something figured out, you get a phone call that causes upheaval and a change of direction.  I'm learning to hold on very loosely.

But God knows just how to speak to my heart. My kids are attending VBS this week at a local church.  We make a point of buying the CD each year and my kids memorize every song.  They love the music, and I can't deny that I do too.  So this morning, as life was feeling chaotic, the song "Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus" came on in the van.  What a perfect reminder. 


'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know, "Thus saith the Lord!"
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
I'm so glad I learned to trust Him,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend
And I know that He is with me,
Will be with me to the end.
Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood
And in simple faith to plunge me
'Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

He's growing me and giving me more chances to learn to trust. 

Comments

Popular Posts