Yummy Potato Soup

Last night I made the most delicious new soup!  Growing up, I remember dreading the nights when my mom would "experiment" with a new recipe.  It seemed like more times that not, I was not a fan of the new concoction.  Afterall, I'm not the biggest fan of change.  When I find something I like, chances are I won't try something new without a lot of prompting.  But I've been trying to break out of my mold and try some new things when it comes to meals at my own house this year.  And last night's was a winner.  I was even so brave as to invite friends to join us, and they declared it a winner too (and even asked for the recipe!  Yay!)

So here you go:

CrockPot Potato Soup



1 bag of frozen shredded hash browns (30oz)
3 - 14 oz cans of Swanson's chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
(8oz package of cream cheese)

Put everything but the cream cheese in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours (or high for 4hrs).  About an hour before it's ready, add the cream cheese.  Garnish with green onion or bacon.  Or enjoy just as it is!

Comments

  1. Isn't it SO good! I'm already planning to make it again :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts