Homemade Hot Cocoa

Several years back, a friend made her own hot cocoa mix.  I was in love!  Forget that Costco size box of packets, around here, we sip our own.  However, the fact that the recipe we were using resulted in "rainbows" in our mugs that reminded us of oil spills, I have been on a quest to alter the recipe a bit while maintaining the yummy taste.  Here's what I have come up with:

Anna's Hot Cocoa mix 

8 cups instant dry milk (one box 26.5oz box)
4 cups powdered creamer (we use hazelnut flavor)
2 lbs powdered sugar
8 oz cocoa powder (one box of Hershey's brand powder is what I used this time!)
2 t salt

I mix it together in the largest Tupperware bowl I own.  My friend actually mixes and stores her in a giant storage tub with lid! Either way, you get the picture - it's a large batch.  But with as yummy as this is, you'll be drinking it every night anyway.  Not exactly sure how many mugs we've polished off already since I made up this batch late this afternoon. 



Comments

Popular Posts