DIY art

I'm working ahead on some easy DIY gifts.  Sometime before Christmas, I'll be doing a talk for my local MOMS group on that very subject, and I figure I should probably get a jump on it.  Crazy, far-ahead planning, I know.  I just know that if I don't start now, it will creep up on me and I will have nothing prepared and will freak out.  And that's never good. Better to start now.

Finger Painting Word Art

As usual, I found my inspiration for this particular project on pinterest.  And it's super easy!

 Canvases were on sale locally this past week.  I got 6 - 11x14 ones for less than $2 each!  I used some painters tape we had on hand from our last painting project and used it to write out "JOY" on my canvas.
 Next up: finger paint!  Honeygirl was more than happy to help me with this part of the project.  I put some blue finger paint on a plate and let her have at it on the canvas.  When she was finished, we let it dry before removing the tape.
When I took off the tape, I realized that the paint had snuck under the tape in various spots.  Bummer.  I thought I'd really pressed it down well, but I guess next time I'll have to check even more.  Even so, I love our new canvas!  Whether we keep it or gift it, I think it's a fun piece of artwork.

Comments

  1. yeah. i was wanting to see it. i love it. love that you chose joy too. i may have to do one now. what size canvas did you use

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts