Mama said there'd be days like this...

"They" say I will look back at these days with fondness.  "They" say they will go by in the blink of an eye.  But let's face it, some days are just ROUGH!  Don't get me wrong: I love being a mama.  And I love my two little girls.  But today was a day to be forgotten.  (And since we supposedly don't remember the hard days, it will likely be filed away in the "I forgot about that!" section of my brain.)

Screaming. Hair pulling.  Biting.  Half-chewed green beans piling up under the table.  Spaghetti flung from the booster seat. No fewer than 6 puddles on the floor and two panties full of poo.  More screaming.  Jumping in a friend's muddy kiddie pool fully dressed.  45 minutes of uncontrollable screaming that there *might* be a moth somewhere in the house.  Refusing to go to bed due to the possibility of said moth.  Taking toys from each other.



Sigh.  The kitchen is now clean.  The puddles have all been cleaned up.  The laundry is in the dryer.  The moth (which apparently really was in the house) is trapped in the bathroom, complete with a towel crammed under the door, waiting to be taken care of.  And the little ones are in bed.  Sigh.

And tomorrow is a new day.

Comments

Popular Posts