A Homemade Christmas - Bath fizzies!

Bath Fizzies!  If you are a bath person, you know exactly what I'm talking about.  Those lovely little things you drop in the tub that fizz up and make the water smell so nice.  A friend specifically asked me if I could figure out how to make my own, so I went on a hunt and came up with a recipe! It was originally posted by Martha Stewart, but I made some modifications of my own.  Here's my recipe:

Bath Fizzies



3/4 c baking soda
1/2 c citric acid (found in the natural/ vitamin section of a local grocery store)
1 c cornstarch

Sift all three ingredients together to remove any chunks.
Fill a small spray bottle with water and about 6 drops of food coloring (I used blue)


Using no more than half of the dry ingredients at a time, lightly spritz the powder (careful not to make it fizz!), stirring after every few sprays.
Once you get it to a consistency that can be packed well between your fingers, stop spraying.
Add about 5 drops of essential oil (I like lavender) and mix carefully.
Scoop 1/4 c of powder and put it in a muffin tin.  I used the bottom of the measuring cup to pack the powder down.

Continue until you've used up all the powder.  The original recipe I found said to let it harden for two hours.  I didn't feel they had hardened up enough at that point, so I recommend letting them sit overnight before popping the finished product out of the muffin tins.

I ended up with 15 bath fizzies.  From what I've read, these should be the perfect size for a luxurious bath.  And isn't it exciting that they are so easy to make?  Have fun!


Comments

Popular Posts